Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Tears for Autumn...

I don't know her, and don't know much about her, other than that she was fifteen years old, Type 1 Diabetes, and died on Sunday of a diabetic coma. I am not sure if it was Dead In Bed syndrome, or something else. I do know that Autumn Rose attended diabetes camp and lived in Keller, TX.

I have a beautiful photograph of her--a sweet, blonde girl with a big smile and a gorgeous face peeking out of a fluffy, fur-rimmed jacket hood. Looking at her just breaks my heart. I am not posting it since I don't know the family directly, but I'm sure the obituary will go online.

Since I heard this horrible news, I've been thinking of Autumn all the time. A life cut short by this monsterous disease. I can't imagine the pain and grief.

It's a slap in the face-this disease can be and is fatal. And a lot of times, there's not much you can do to prevent things like this. If it WAS Dead in Bed, it strikes suddenly, with no warning.

I'm just haunted by this.

On a housekeeping note, posting will be light this week, as we're on holiday break.

Please pray for Autumn and her family.