Thursday, March 02, 2006

In Which I Contemplate Oliver, the Seventh Brady Child, and Other Issues of Import

Within the next few days I'll be posting an interview with the lovely Michelle Richmond. I won Michelle's book in a book exchange, and it was FABBO. So I can't wait to hear from her and share her amazing writing life with all of you. Believe it or not, Michelle was a Distinguished Visiting Writer at the self-same university I attended! Of course, I attended Bowling Green several years before Michelle took up residence there. Bummer, we could've hung out!

EDIT--> HUZZAH, my early readers LOVE my draft! (See yesterday's analysis of whether I was, in fact, headed back to my old cashier's position at McDonald's due to lack of writing talent... see how messed up we authors get?) I may yet have to dust off that old Mickey D's visor and polyester blend pants, but it won't be because the draft is bad... :o)

Until I hear from Michelle (I think I spooked her with the huge array of questions I asked her about Bowling Green), here is a blog meme, courtesy of my darling friend Lorinda, who hates swearwords but whom I adore anyhow.... And I'm tagging Joshilyn, Dej, and Ally on this one. Visit the blogs of these three gals if you have a chance... they're all very smart, funny, and excellent writers. Ally's upcoming YA novel was optioned by Disney... can we all just grovel in the dirt near Ally's feet? *SIGH*

1- If you won a million dollars, how much of it would you give to charity? I would pay off our credit cards debts and some of our mortgage. The rest would go to various diabetes charities.

2- Describe what you looked like in the 5th grade. I thought I looked like a brunette Princess Diana, but really I just looked like a scrawny, bookish girl with a boy haircut.

3-Do you think you have a good singing voice? Only in the shower!

4- Which would be harder to give up, TV or chocolate? Chocolate

5- If you could change your name, what would you change it to? Daisy

6- A cat darts into the road and you hear a thud under your tire, do you stop? Yes

7- A friend has chronic bad breath, do you say something? If so, what? Yes. Would you like a stick of gum?

8- If you had to move to another country for a year, which one would you choose and why? England because it's beautiful and people are very smart there and I speak the language, sort of.

9- If you had only 15 minutes left to live, what would you do? Go for a walk in Muir Woods with the family.

10- If you could remain one age for the rest of your life, what would it be? 31 because when I was 32 our son was diagnosed with diabetes... :o(

11- What kind of food is your best friend? sourdough bread

12- What is your worst habit? Reality TV

13- Name the best bad movie you ever loved. Home Alone... because it was the first thing our son saw after he was finally diagnosed and hospitalized that actually made him laugh. Sitting there in the hospital room watching the most annoying movie ever made, it didn't matter, because as I heard those old peals of laughter that I hadn't quite realized I hadn't heard in so very long... I knew I had my boy back.

14- Do you make friends easily? Yes

15- When is the last time you cried? About a month ago

16- What will the last line of your obituary say? In lieu of flowers, donations may be sent to Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation.

17- What was your first job, how much did it pay? Waitress at Colonial Ice Cream in Sycamore, IL, and it paid $2.01 per hour plus tips.

18- Which Brady would you date if you had to? That weird kid they adopted toward the end of the series... Oliver?

19- Name the movie you would star in if you could be the lead in any film ever made. I'd be Patty Duke in Call Me Anna because I could totally get into the role, and it would be so cathartic.

20- If you had to give up one of the 5 senses (sight, hearing, touch, smell, taste), which one would it be? Smell

21- What is the most valuable lesson you have ever learned? I do not control the universe! HUZZAH!

22-What is the worst thing a friend has ever done to you? Schemed against me, talked behind my back, and isolated me. I've forgiven, but unfortunately I can't bring myself to completely trust that person again. Sad, huh? I'm sad, because I still really like so much about her.

23- If you could give your parents any one gift in the world, what would it be? Serenity-it's the gift I'd give anyone, if I could

24- What is the last good deed someone has done for you? The Backspace Writers Forums set up a fund to help our family after we were flooded out of our home... I will always be grateful

25- What is your least favorite fashion trend? Girls being way too skinny

26- If you had triplet daughters today, what would you name them? Please, Stop, and Crying!!!

27- Tell about a time when you laughed inappropriately. I was at a swim team tryout on Monday, and sheets of rain came from the back of the bleachers, soaking everyone from waist to ankles, even if they had an umbrella. Standing there with my entire backside dripping with freezing water, all I could do was laugh hysterically.

28- What makes you happy? Quiet moments in nature

29- Ever think you might have ESP? Yes.

30- Name the one super power you would like to have. Healing the sick

31- Name the one household chore you wish you never had to do again. The income tax

32- If you could name only one song as the best song of all times, which would it be? Just ONE? Amazing Grace

33- How old do you wish you were right now? 31, as I said before

34-Name three things you wouldn't do for money. Murder, or hurting a child, or turning my back on my family.

35- Is 35 questions too many??? Yes