Thursday, February 16, 2006

Because I Cannot Think, I Link

I'm just devastated by what's happened in our community. What I and other parents have related to our children was that it was a "terrible accident with a gun." And that's where I will leave it for now. But everyone is in shock. This is a small, tight town.

This man had two young children. How awful for them. How awful for their mother. Words don't even suffice.

People are walking around like they've just been told aliens have landed.

Enough on that.

Because I can't really put my thoughts together, I'm just going to link today.

Don't you love love Sandra Scoppettone? She's so honest about the writing process. Sometimes I think there's a type of Grace working with our books--the time we write, the distractions we have, what's in the back of our minds--all find their way into our fiction, somehow.

Think you've written some great online fiction? Nominate yourself for the Million Writers Award here.

Author Joshilyn Jackson discusses annihilating ducks who attack certain body parts .

Paperback Writer gives us Ten Things for the Writer's Notebook.

Wow. Today is weird--nothing feels good, at all. Or normal. Or real.

"And he was always quietly arrayed,
And he was always human when he talked;
But still he fluttered pulses when he said,
"Good-morning," and he glittered when he walked. ..."


Yeah, I woke up thinking about that poem.

I'll be back later--maybe after the weekend.