Tuesday, May 17, 2005

PICTURES!

Do you have dialup? Then I'm about to crash your browser!

My friend Jodi is a photobug. She took these great shots of my reading in LA. Just to explain ~ outside the West Hollywood Barnes and Noble were a group of Catholic schoolgirls with a video camera. They were doing a school documentary on "What is the American dream?" and asked if they could talk to us.

Well, there was a huge poster in the B&N window with my photo and the book cover, and they videoed me in front of it talking about the book and how it was always my dream to be a writer. Then they all wanted to SEE the book and, er, READ the book, and, well, yeah, their parents aren't going to be very happy with ME! I advised them to remove the dustjacket and put black tape over the title on the spine and hide the novel very, very well in between their mattresses and box-springs.

I'll just post these along with little captions explaining. I'm at M is for Mystery in San Mateo this evening at 7 pm if any of you blog readers live nearby there!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Me corrupting the Catholic girls. (Ann Marie Michaels helped)

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Here I am gesturing wildly at the girls. I'm probably explaining one of the sex scenes. Notice my CURE DIABETES bracelet ~ I never take it off.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Ann Marie, me and Jodi in front of the sign, which you can sort of see. I don't know who that gal is in the background. She looked bored ~ I should probably have offered her a copy of the book.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Gayle Brandeis surprised me!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
This has got to be a Girlfriends Cyber Circuit record so I put it in here even though I look crazed and demonic. FOUR of us together! Me, Gayle Brandeis, Ann Marie Michaels and Megan Crane.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Me chatting with Gayle, Ann Marie, and ANOTHER Ann Marie, Ann Marie Garcia from Momwriters!
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Isn't this a nice spot for a reading? The West Hollywood Barnes and Noble is beautiful.

More photos later on from another photobug I know, Mark Farley!