Blog Meme from Joshilyn Jackson
1. Take five books off your bookshelf.
2. Book #1 -- first sentence
3. Book #2 -- last sentence on page fifty
4. Book #3 -- second sentence on page one hundred
5. Book #4 -- next to the last sentence on page one hundred fifty
6. Book #5 -- final sentence of the book
7. Make the five sentences into a paragraph:
And here's my paragraph--an opening to an erotic mystery-thriller, mebbe?
Friday, five o'clock in the afternoon. God, however, did not seem to be on Houser's side, and he grew increasingly agitated. At a track in Arizona a monkey was a popular mascot until he began turning on all the shed-row faucets and tearing the shingles off the roof. His organ sang. THE WHORES ON THE HILL WERE HERE.
1) ONE SHOT by Lee Child
2) SWEET INVISIBLE BODY: REFLECTIONS ON A LIFE WITH DIABETES by Lisa Roney
3) SEABISCUIT by Laura Hillenbrand
4) AFTER by Claire Tristram
5) WHORES ON THE HILL by Colleen Curran
OK... your turn!!