Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Should I?

I've been approached with a really intriguing employment opportunity. I won't say it's an offer because nothing is official. It's not a ton of money, either (it'd be part time), but it's steady money and that's something that a writer rarely sees.

It's work I've done before and really loved.

It's work that is really draining. (People who know me know what type of work I'm discussing... :) ) Really really draining. And I tend to get emotionally wrapped up in this work.

It's work that, even done part-time, might cause me not to be able to do much writing. I would be dog tired at the end of the day, and any extra energy rightly would go to my family. Even part-time, I would get involved in the work dramatics. I know it.

And also, I'm not sure how the inevitable diabetes interruptions (calls for lows and highs) could work with this type of employment.

I'm tempted, though, because I would love to have an income. I've got other irons in the fire but this would be something that would come with a check each month. This is work I know how to do and that I'm good at. The location is very close--almost no commute at all.

I just don't know what to do. Fortunately, I don't have to decide right away.