Tuesday, August 30, 2005

New Interview!

I'm interviewed over at Third Wave Lit today. Please check it out and leave a comment or two if you like!

Thanks for all the support about our son's bolus scare. I think I may have figured out how it happened. While getting ready for our endo appt today, I downloaded the full pump data to transfer it to a log, and I discovered an interesting trend of a huge amount of carbs being consumed in the evenings, not at dinner. Bolused for, without a blood test.

Unbeknownst to me, when the children are supposedly playing quietly in their rooms, reading, or watching a movie, he's been chowing down on his sis's candy stash, bolusing his best guess... ON HIS OWN!

The night of our big scare, he probably bolused, planning to scarf down some candy, and then was called for dinner, with all this extra insulin onboard. Not good, and a major violation of the rule not to bolus EVER without checking with an adult.

He was very upset when he confessed this to us and even sent himself to bed early. He asked me to lock the pump when he is out of school because he didn't trust himself not to binge and bolus. Well, I'm glad we solved the mystery, anyway.

And last but certainly not least, please consider donating to the Red Cross to help the victims of Hurricane Katrina.