Tuesday, March 08, 2005

R.I.P. Dell Desktop

Hi, drive-by posting here so y'all don't think I FORGOT ABOUT YOU...

I seem to have KILLED my computer by installing digital camera software on it. Everything was fine until the Frozen Hourglass of Doom appeared. I am posting from my husband's computer for now.

I am going to spend the rest of the morning and possibly the afternoon trying to resuscitate the Dell. The partial draft of my new novel is on there, AND I STOOPIDLY HAVE NOT BACKED IT UP ANYWHERE.

So, say a few prayers for my computer. I really need it. I might even go down to the church and get some HOLY WATER to sprinkle on it.

In other news I am just about bursting with a VERY WONDERFUL THING I get to be involved with. Not to be coy, but I'll say more about it when I have more details and when it is closer to the time that THE VERY WONDERFUL THING is happening. It's not book related or money related or any of that solipsistic stuff (OF WHICH I HAVE KNOWN TO BE GUILTY~DID I EVER TELL YOU HOW CUTE THAT LITTLE MOLE NEXT TO MY BELLY-BUTTON IS?)

But seriously, it is just a very wonderful thing that is going to help a lot of people, and I GET TO BE A PART OF IT, and I am SO HAPPY and SO HONORED that I get to be a part of it, and I am going to work as hard as I can to make it even more wonderful.