Friday, March 04, 2005

In Which I Emerge, Briefly

Please excuse my absence from Blogger! I've been an utter disaster for a few days, and believe me, you DO NOT want to know the gory details. Though I'm on the mend, I wanted to check in briefly.

Firsto--I just got a great piece of news yesterday--THE BITCH POSSE will be reviewed in the May issue of Cosmopolitan. Yay, Cosmo!

And secondo-- I just got to read my first real, unbiased review. Not from Kirkus, not from Library Journal, but from an intrepid literary blogger named Sam-I-Am-Books! And, no, she is not my mom in disguise! I do not know Sam-I-Am, and I do not owe her any money for the review. Hee...

But does she like green eggs and ham? you may ask. Well, I don't know, but I was more curious as to where she got an advance copy of my book!

After I stumbled upon this review, I emailed her, and I guess she picked up an ARC at a bookstore she works at. I'm really flattered--as Sam pointed out to me, she is a very tough grader! She actually has a great little review site going... check out her full roster here. P.S., Sam, if you're reading this... could you send a little pixie dust toward Cosmo and Kirkus for me?

And now I shall go collapse once again! I hope to be up and running by next week.

xxoo