Friday, October 28, 2005

Friday Links

Hi everyone,

I'm on a writing binge today so I'm just going to post a few quick links for you today:

Sabra Wineteer recently did an interesting analysis on sexism and dark, edgy fiction. She mentioned The Bitch Posse and the Amazon reviewer who said I was "sick and disturbed" and that the reviewer "threw the book in the trash." (It was one of the funniest things I've ever read. I want to ask if St. Martin's can use that quote on the paperback... Hee hee.) Sabra also discussed some reviews of Fight Club. Check it out!

I don't think I ever linked this interview I did with Heather Brewer at Bleeding Ink! Thank you, Heather!

I get a lot of emails from readers asking when they can read something else I've written. Well, I'm not quite finished with the Really Shitty First Draft of the Work-in-Progress, but if you're dying to read more stuff of mine in (or on) a book, check out Tasha Alexander's new novel. It's a Victorian mystery called And Only To Deceive, and I got to blurb it. Very elegant and smart. If you enjoy Jane Austen or Anne Perry, you will love this book.

And finally, someone please tell Cornelia Read she needs to start a blog. Cornelia wrote another book I got to read in manuscript form, and you all are going to love it when it comes out: A Field of Darkness. It's heart-pounding suspense with a heroine who would fit right in with the Bitch Posse girls. Anyway, Cornelia leaves these hilarious comments on other people's blogs all the time (mainly Joshilyn Jackson's), but she doesn't have her own. I cannot wrap my brain around why someone so entertaining does not have a blog. Plus, she's a lot of fun in person too. Hey Cornelia... Please start blogging. Please? You can set one up in about thirty seconds.